You are not logged in.

Arionel

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 9:36pm

Other games by Gameforge

:) When I started playing Tanoth, I recently checked to see what else Gameforge made. I said the heck with it and made characters for Gladiatus, which seems a little more in depth and complicated, and Battle Knight which is very similar to Gladiatus but with a medieval setting. I didn't bother with BiteFight or the other games; although some of their other MMOs look esp. interesting. (the air combat one looks like fun) I have played Ikariam already, that was fun while it lasted and I got so bored with it.

So who else plays Gameforge games and what have they accomplished with them? :)

Marx83

Professional

Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 9:52pm

Cool idea for a thread!!!

I play OGame, which is a futuristic space colonization, exploration, exploitation, research, etc game. It's pure unfettered strategy, where small decisions factor out over time to help or hinder you. I love it!

I also play Warpfire, which has to be one of the most unique games to come from GF. Warpfire immerses you in a rich environment where you literally interact with other players. It's set in space where u visit different universes with your space ship. This IS NOT a text based (MUD) game, it's fully interactive. You upgrade your ship as well as its equipment, purchase various types of ammo/missiles/mines and use them strategically to destroy your enemies. There are 3 alliances in this game, each striving for dominance.

One of my fav's is also Ikariam, as it reminds me of a city builder strategy game. I've played it since the beginning :D

Edited ~ By me and verbal warning given by me for use of non-game forge game (apparently GF owns some of the game but not all, go figure).

There was a game called KnightsDivine which was sooooooooooooo awesome, but unfortunately GameForge decided to pull the plug on the game. It was also very unquie in it's approach and delivery. It unified combat, strategy, research, and user immersion with a rich graphic user interface. I hope GF will one day create art like this again.

Welp, thats my low down :D

Friday, June 27th 2008, 12:19am

Ive been playing Ikariam for a while now, but I think Im almost done with it. Not much more I can do.. ive got 5 cities and my warehouses fill up faster than i can spend em. besides, the battles are boring. ive only found 1 person in the time ive played that had ANY soldiers. Im just tired of taking everyone's goods with no resistance. Now that i think about it, I probably will still play it, just because its good for killing some time at work, lol. I would like something faster paced? So far im liking this one, and I think with some of the tweaks mentioned in the suggestions area, this would be a great game.

Monday, June 30th 2008, 4:30am

been playing Ikariam for a while now, but I think Im almost done with it. Not much more I can do.. ive got 5 cities and my warehouses fill up faster than i can spend em. besides, the battles are boring. ive only found 1 person in the time ive played that had ANY soldiers. Im just tired of taking everyone's goods with no resistance. Now that i think about it, I probably will still play it, just because its good for killing some time at work, lol. I would like something faster paced? So far im liking this one, and I think with some of the tweaks mentioned in the suggestions area, this would be a great game.
I've also played Ikariam, and well i got bored of it. There wasn't aggressive enough. The battle system made it so that sometimes when you looted people without armies you actually lost more than you gained. There are 2 other browser games that's like Ikariam, building cities and taking others over, waaay more violent and more fighting :D . But it says i can't talk about other browser games in this forum, so I'll just tell you to google "Games like Ikariam". The two I'm talking about should both start with a T.

NiKeGoD

Intermediate

Monday, June 30th 2008, 6:09am

I am playing Ikariam, Bitefight and Tanoth. Loving all three!!!!

NiKeGoD tBAND Leader

bdog

Unregistered

Monday, June 30th 2008, 6:08pm

iam playing gladiatus and im in the top 40 on server 4 and my guild is ranked 5

Trinity

One of M0H0s

Sunday, July 6th 2008, 3:07am

I tried DarkPirates, but I didn't really get the hang of it. I think it was a predecessor to Warpfire in a sense.
I tried Gladiatus and got BORED.
I tried BiteFight and got bored.
Ogame? I've been playing that for over 2 years.
Ikariam? I'm there. I deleted my Alpha account and opened up one in Eta. The game experience is COMPLETELY different now. Being in a large alliance and in an active server made a huge difference.

What else.....

MetalDamage? Haven't tried
Space4K, I just didn't like. Other people worship it.
My husband is hung on BattleKnight.
I'm curious about Nostale, but I haven't had time to look deep into it. Same goes for Metin2.

There's a few more, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Board Administrator

~Thank you, Marx83, for the awesome sig!!~

Bosniaqus

Beginner

Friday, October 24th 2008, 9:00pm

Played Ogame a few years ago and got to top 10 and stopped playing after a huge accident (my connection broke right before the attack and I lost all of my fleet :( )
About a year and a half ago I started playing Gladiatus, got to top 10 and quit recently
Games I've tried playing but didn't really like: Bytefight, Ikariam, Warpfire, Wildguns, Battleknight and Darkpirates.

Now i play Tanoth only, but just for fun (I try to stay in top 10 000) :D

"We have discovered happiness,"- say the last men, and blink thereby.-

Anarane

M0H0's M0J0

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 10:18pm

• I play BiteFight...Gave up on it after a while, and some connection issues, but trying to start back up again. (it's tough doing that)
  • I tried OGame (but didn't get it)
  • Played Ikariam for a while... but didn't have the time for it, so I deleted my account. (I'm considering going back.)
  • Had an account on BattleKnight... but got bored. (I'm sticking with the board on that one)
  • Metin 2 hates my computer.
  • Gladiatus... boring.
  • I'm playing Wild Guns, which is alright... Kinda like Ikariam, but with less graphics.
  • Space4K... O.o <--- All I got to say.
  • AirRivals I haven't tried yet.
  • 4Story... I'm waiting for the English version.
  • NosTale looks too kiddish for me to even want to try to enjoy.
  • And WarpFire... I just look at it and go... "Huh?"
  • And I play Tanoth on the UK server.
Read the rules. Use the search box. Don't feed the trolls. Use the report button.

• "Flames123x" has been banned

Monday, November 3rd 2008, 9:03am

I have played Air Rivals for ever, even when it was called Space Cowboy.

Way before I even heard of Gameforge and became Staff.
Thank you Marx83 for the best sig, in the whole wide world.
Do you really want to see my put my MODDING HAT on . WELL DO YA?

Marx and Anarane sitting in a tree. M-o-d-d-i-n-g.

Darkfall

Unregistered

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 2:53pm

Warpfire <-- Play it its awesome! :P I think Marx gave the best description about it though!

Battle-Knight <---Well it used to be MUCH better, but then GF decided to 'update' it...so...kinda halved the fun rating, but I still recommend that you try it out!

Ogame <---First GF game I played...didn't like it much :P

Space4k <----I'm one of the few that adore that game! Similar to Galaxywars/Ogame in a sense, however having a fleet means very little :P Since litterally the
entire server is (by means of alliances and agreements) split into 2, the wrong move can make a server wide war! :P

Tanoth <---Game has alot of potential, I play on uk s1, however it need alot more work! >.<

Bite-fight <----Meh...never really tried it! :P

Air Rivals/Nostale/Metin 2 <---Never really tried those!

Thursday, December 4th 2008, 4:58pm

I play Battleknight(Rank 188 or something) and Gladiatus at rank 800 something with around 200,000 gold to spare.
Besides I play 2 other very very famous browser games which I wouldn't name coz I don't want a warn lol.
If anyone wants to 'buy' my character in any of the other games then I shall be happy to do so :p I seriously have too many academic commitments for online games at the moment.

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 3:57pm

i am just playing browser games and i am currently having account at ikariam and bitefight. :D im just loving the strategic style of the game.

Theodork

Beginner

Occupation: i have skillz, they aint pretty, and they aint cheap.

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 8:54am

... i like to play games ;)

howdy!

i play bitefight mostly. on server 5 i am ranked #15, currently... and in the #1 clan BLACKDAWGS [PLAGUE]. and on server1 i was just accepted into the #3 clan [C.L.A.W.] we are sooo close to the #2 spot though! my guys on s2 and 12.org are doing ok too, for low level characters, in low ranking clans. (nice and anonymous if you ask me!) my name there is either "theodork" or "mishu-kizak"... look me up if you get a chance 8)

in Ogame i am "the0d0rk" the co-founder of "the brotherhood of the sith" [sith] and we are rapidly taking over uni 6 .{insert evil laughter here} 8o

if i start to get some more free time i will check out katsuro for sure... i hear good things about it!

and suprise suprise, my name will most likely be theodork. :think:

GAME ON! :beer:

t.
...ooops i signed here with a big, black sharpie now it will not come off my screen...

Alexander

Beginner

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 6:11am

Well let's see...

I played Knightsdivine until GF pulled the plug...

I played BattleKnight for 2 years on the UK servers, mostly on s3, and finally got bored with it. Like Darkfall said, it was great fun until GF decided to "upgrade" it.

I played Gladiatus, was fun but my account deleted when I went off to boot camp.

Played Ikariam but I didn't have time enough to devote to it.

Tanoth is a lot of fun so far, I'll be around for a bit.

On a side note... :ot: ...Hey Darkfall, long time no see bud :D
Whither will I wander I wonder? Or whether I will wither away...

enemyatwar2773

Consumed by hatred

• "enemyatwar2773" has been banned

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 11:27pm

Might as well try to revive this thread :P

• OGame: Played for years (and worked for for a little while) - I still have my uni 17 account.

• BiteFight: I started playing server 8 back in school, but got bored of that after a while. I started playing it again when server 15.org came online, and I'm still there (Rank 12). Also work at S9.us, S1.id and S1.pk as a GO

• BattleKnight: Was given a decent account earlier this year, but it got a bit to repetitive a bit too quickly, so I've lost a little faith in that. Still a good game for beginners though.

• Warpfire: Like Marx said, it's definately more interactive than most of the other GF games I've come across, which is part of it's appeal. I'm currently waiting for GF to get around to updating the .com server along with a lot of the players, so we can attract more players and put a bit of life back into the game (and a lot of money into GF's pocket :P).

• AirRivals: I have played and worked for AirRivals, but I'd rather not say any more than that. It brings back bad memories.

• Space4k: While I haven't actually played s4k, I did become SGO there. It was basically meant to be an evolution of OGame, but the "upgrade" backfired drastically. That, combined with problems with the previous s4k team (which I know very little about), made many people leave the game for OGame, which has now resulted in Space4k's death.

• WildGuns: Similar to OGame (and another non-GF game I played at the time) in many ways, but Wild West themed instead. Managed to get as high as rank 15 at one point. Ended up leaving after a short while due to relationship issues (my ex-gf works there).

• DarkPirates: Again, similar to OGame and Space4k, this was another quiet game with very few devoted followers. This game is also dying with Space4k . The less that's said about it, the better.

I think that's all the games I've personally come across. If there's anything I remember, I'll edit it in later.

ss]Warpfire.com Multi Hunter[/s] || Bitefight.id Game Operator || Bite-Fight.us Game Operator
Bitefight.pk Game Operator || Tanoth.us Moderator || Space4K.com Super Game Operator

Naye

Retired Mod.

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 4:50am

I started with playing Ikariam a long ago(4 years ago). And then played bitefight. But due to personal issues, I did not used internet for 1 and half year. I came back this year to see how is it going and luckily got accepted for MOD at bf.org that I applied. Now I'm working as MOD there from last 5 months and successfully serving the community. :)